After a great success with Advent in Zagreb, which last year generated about 500 million in tourist spending, the Zagreb Tourist Board has adopted a new tourist product, the Festival of Light, which in its second edition was even larger, of better quality and more substantial. The Festival of Lights is another great proof that investing in events is not a cost, but an investment, which attracted more than 100.000 visitors and generated a large tourist consumption through four days of maintenance. The fact that the Festival of Light is a complete success and has the potential to be another major tourist event that generates the motive of arrival is shown by the fact that during the Festival of Light Zagreb, according to the Zagreb Tourist Board, 28% more arrivals and 44% more overnight stays. Exclusively because of the Festival of Light. Compared to last year’s period of the Festival (from 15 to 18 March), when the Tourist Board organized this event for the first time, this year there were 10.652 arrivals and 21.592 overnight stays in four days. In the mentioned period, there were 3.032 domestic tourist arrivals (growth 32%) and 7.620 foreign tourists (growth 26%), and the most numerous were guests from South Korea, Italy, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the USA and Germany. Out of the total number of overnight stays, domestic tourists realized 5.094 (growth of 30%), and foreign tourists 16.498 (growth of 48%).Recognition of the profession for the Festival of Lights At the recent conference on events and marketing in Slovenia – Conventa Crossover, a project of the Tourist Board Zagreb Light Festival won the award as the best B2C event. About 2018 events in three categories competed for the Conventa Best Event Award 40, of which the Festival of Light won as the best event intended for a wider audience. “The results that Zagreb achieves and the awards we have won prove that our city is an attractive destination all year round, both for vacationers and business guests. Namely, at the beginning of August, Zagreb won the Meeting Star Award as the best congress destination chosen by Kongres Magazine, and the award for the Zagreb Light Festival is an additional incentive to continue, with partners, to develop numerous events to make our visitors’ stay in Zagreb as pleasant as possible. and better. ” pointed out the director of the Tourist Board, Mrs. Martina Bienenfeld.In the first eight months, Zagreb recorded a growth of 9% in arrivals and 11% in overnight staysAccording to the Zagreb Tourist Board, u August The number of arrivals in the capital of Croatia increased by 9% (163.731), and the number of overnight stays by as much as 10% (279.726) compared to the same period last year. Thus, in August, the most numerous guests were from Spain, followed by guests from Italy, Germany, South Korea and the United States. In overnight stays, guests from Italy, Spain, Germany, the USA and South Korea are in the first five places.Zagreb recorded an increase in the first eight months, to be exact from January to August 908.067 arrivals and 1.638.061 overnight stays were realized, which is an increase of 9% in arrivals and 11% in overnight stays. In the first eight months, most overnight stays were made by guests from the USA, followed by guests from Germany, Korea, Italy and Spain. Guests from South Korea, the USA, Germany, Italy and China are in the first five places.
CLEAR LAKE — A Wisconsin woman is dead after being struck and killed by a tractor at Clear Lake State Park on Tuesday afternoon. The Cerro Gordo County Sheriff’s Department says they responded to a medical call at State Park Beach at about 4:15 PM. An unattended tractor owned by the State of Iowa rolled down a hill towards the beach area and struck a female sitting near the beach. The woman, identified as 21-year-old Mercedes Kohlhardt of Eau Claire Wisconsin, was pronounced dead at the scene due to injuries sustained from the accident. The Sheriff’s Department says the incident remains under investigation.
Share on LinkedIn Share via Email This article is more than 10 years old Share on Facebook news Share on Twitter Share on Twitter Share on Messenger First published on Thu 18 Dec 2008 19.01 EST Thu 18 Dec 2008 19.01 EST The former West Ham chairman Eggert Magnusson is suing the club’s owner, Bjorgolfur Gudmundsson, over the terms of his exit from Upton Park last year.According to legal documents filed yesterday at the Reykjavik Municipal Court, Magnusson is demanding 200m krona (£1.1 million) from Gudmundsson, who is trying to sell the club after falling victim to the Icelandic economic crisis.Magnusson became chairman of West Ham in November 2006, when he bought the club with Gudmundsson through WH Holding Ltd, but was relieved of his duties a year later and Gudmundsson added his 5% stake to his controlling interest.In the legal papers, Magnusson said he was guaranteed three months’ pay following the termination of his contract and was to receive €1m and £200,000. Magnusson claims he has been paid only £100,000.Meanwhile Joe Kinnear believes there is a “60-40” chance of Michael Owen accepting a new three-year contract at Newcastle United and indicated yesterday that it could even be signed before Tottenham Hotspur visit St James’ Park on Sunday.Just last week a much more pessimistic Kinnear claimed that he thought the odds of the England striker remaining on Tyneside were around “30-70″ but Newcastle’s manager now feels that Owen is being strongly tempted by the security of the long-term deal on offer.”It was my idea to offer Michael three years, which will take him up until he’s 32,” said Kinnear, who added that the prospective agreement may potentially be extended into a fourth year, although this would necessitate Owen playing in more than 50% of Newcastle’s games during his third season.”Michael told me that when Kevin [Keegan] was here he had previously been offered only 12 months and I did not really see any value in that,” explained Kinnear. “So I just said, ‘What if we can tie you up for the rest of your career, more or less, would you be happy with that?’ and Michael said, ‘Yes, I would be delighted’.”So I spoke to Mike [Ashley, the Newcastle owner] and said could we give Michael three years plus the possible option of another one and Mike said, ‘OK, do it’.”I am not going to say Michael will definitely sign but I think he will. We haven’t exactly agreed a deadline but two days ago I did ask Michael ‘When are you going to make a decision?’ and he said ‘In the next couple of days’. Share on Pinterest This article is more than 10 years old Topics Louise Taylor Premier League Share via Email West Ham United Share on Facebook Newcastle United Shares00 In a litigious mood – Eggert Magnusson. Photograph: Mike Egerton/Empics Magnusson issues Hammers writ Share on WhatsApp West Ham United Reuse this content