“The realization of 100 million overnight stays a week earlier compared to last year is an excellent result of Croatian tourism and a clear fact that our country occupies a stable position in a very competitive international market. In order to maintain the positive trends, we are already working very intensively on the preparation of the 2020 tourist year, while a large campaign is still underway to promote the post-season, for which we are already making great announcements. “, said the director of the CNTB, Kristjan Staničić, emphasizing that the results achieved so far confirm that Croatia is increasingly perceived in many emitting markets as a meaningful year-round tourist destination. According to the eVisitor system, which contains tourist traffic realized in the commercial and non-commercial segment and in the nautical charter, u This weekend, the number of 100 million overnight stays in Croatia was exceeded, a week earlier than last year. “The positive indicators so far on the realized tourist traffic, but also the financial ones, are proof that Croatia is excellently positioned on the world tourist market. We will continue to lead our tourism policy in the direction of sustainable and responsible tourism with the aim of improving the quality of the entire offer, ” said Tourism Minister Gary Cappelli. In the same period, most overnight stays were realized from the markets of Germany, Croatia, Slovenia, Austria, Poland and Italy, and the destinations where the highest number of overnight stays were realized were Dubrovnik, Rovinj, Poreč, Split and Medulin. In the current part of the year, ie from January 1 to September 22, according to the first and incomplete data of the eVisitor system, 18,3 million arrivals and almost 101 million overnight stays were realized in Croatia, which is an increase of 4 percent in the same period last year. arrivals and 2 percent overnight stays. As they point out from the CNTB, the results confirm that the Croatian tourism sector is achieving extremely positive results in this very challenging and demanding tourist year.
It’s never easy rooting for the Mets, but things really couldn’t get worse for one longtime fan.Alex Swanson, 54, is suing the club over an injury he sustained while attending a game at Citi Field. On June 5, during a Mets game against the Giants, an employee accidentally shot him in the face with a T-shirt launched from a T-shirt cannon, giving him a concussion and leaving his retina dangling, according to the New York Daily News. MORE: MLB postseason bracket, schedule, TV channelsApparently, the blow was enough to knock him backward, causing him to hit his head and go unconscious. Swanson was taken to a medical station but declined a trip to the hospital. He was conscious and could see — despite some swelling. 7 On Your Side Investigates: Mets fan sues team over T-shirt cannon injury he says nearly blinded him https://t.co/2seIMYKLeI pic.twitter.com/Y7d4wEOIL2— Eyewitness News (@ABC7NY) October 1, 2019A CAT scan was done the following day and, according to Swanson’s lawyer, revealed a concussion and eye trauma.”I still have floaters — little black specks — over my cornea. The doctor says the retina could detach at any moment,” Swanson said.The Long Island native said the team has offered him free tickets, but that isn’t enough. Swanson has decided to take legal action and wants to see an end to T-shirt launchers. The team has not issued a statement regarding the lawsuit. The Mets finished the season in third place in the NL East with a 86-76 record.