“The realization of 100 million overnight stays a week earlier compared to last year is an excellent result of Croatian tourism and a clear fact that our country occupies a stable position in a very competitive international market. In order to maintain the positive trends, we are already working very intensively on the preparation of the 2020 tourist year, while a large campaign is still underway to promote the post-season, for which we are already making great announcements. “, said the director of the CNTB, Kristjan Staničić, emphasizing that the results achieved so far confirm that Croatia is increasingly perceived in many emitting markets as a meaningful year-round tourist destination. According to the eVisitor system, which contains tourist traffic realized in the commercial and non-commercial segment and in the nautical charter, u This weekend, the number of 100 million overnight stays in Croatia was exceeded, a week earlier than last year. “The positive indicators so far on the realized tourist traffic, but also the financial ones, are proof that Croatia is excellently positioned on the world tourist market. We will continue to lead our tourism policy in the direction of sustainable and responsible tourism with the aim of improving the quality of the entire offer, ” said Tourism Minister Gary Cappelli. In the same period, most overnight stays were realized from the markets of Germany, Croatia, Slovenia, Austria, Poland and Italy, and the destinations where the highest number of overnight stays were realized were Dubrovnik, Rovinj, Poreč, Split and Medulin. In the current part of the year, ie from January 1 to September 22, according to the first and incomplete data of the eVisitor system, 18,3 million arrivals and almost 101 million overnight stays were realized in Croatia, which is an increase of 4 percent in the same period last year. arrivals and 2 percent overnight stays. As they point out from the CNTB, the results confirm that the Croatian tourism sector is achieving extremely positive results in this very challenging and demanding tourist year.
Sharing is caring! 18 Views no discussions NewsRegional Escapee killed, seven remain on the run by: – June 17, 2011 Share Tweet Share Share Police in Jamaica shoot one of the 11 men who escaped from lock-up on TuesdayKINGSTON, Jamaica – The murder-accused who was among 11 prisoners on the run has been shot dead by police, while two others have been recaptured and another has turned himself in.Police say they encountered Barrington Phinn in Newport, Manchester around 11 am yesterday and there was a shootout that ended with the fugitive dead. A homemade shotgun was taken from the scene. The Bureau of Special Investigations is now investigating the circumstances surrounding the shooting and the matter has also been reported to the Independent Commission of Investigations.Phinn was one of an initial 12 prisoners who escaped from the Mandeville police lock-up early Tuesday morning.One man was quickly held, and Jason Smith and Moses Salmon were recaptured yesterday.Another of the escapees, Leroy Howell, turned himself in at the Mandeville police station yesterday morning, accompanied by a pastor.The other seven still at large are Kemar Edwards, Elvis Samuels, Daniel Grant, Ricardo ‘Trash’ Campbell, Christopher Atkins, Dane Wilson and Renaldo Palmer.Caribbean 360 News
According to reports, Senate Republicans are close to a deal that would send $1,200 to most Americans in order to offset the economic crunch caused by the coronavirus.The Senate GOP caucus is divided on a request from President Trump to issue two batches of $1,000 checks to all taxpayers, who in April and another in May.During a Thursday afternoon meeting of Republicans, a task force of senators presented a plan to provide $1,200 to individuals and $2,400 to couples.Under the new plan, people who earn less than $75,000 would receive the full $1,200, with a sliding scale reducing the amount for higher incomes.People who earned $95,000 last year — or $190,000 per couple — would not receive a payment.In addition, there would be a $500 payment for each child.Meanwhile, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said in a speech Thursday morning that any direct payments to Americans would have to be more generous and targeted than $1,000 per person.
AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThisWest Branch Township — An EF1 tornado touched down in central Ogemaw County on Tuesday evening.Two homes were badly damaged off of Mud Lake Road due to the 100 mph winds from the tornado. The tornado lasted for 2 minutes from 8:53 p.m. until 8:55 p.m, traveling .17 miles with a width of 40 yards.Debris was scattered around the two homes which withstood the brunt of the tornado.AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitterShare to MoreAddThis Tags: Damage, EF1 Tornado, Homes, Mud Lake Road, Ogemaw County, Tornado, West Branch, West Branch TownshipContinue ReadingPrevious Firefighters “Fill-The-Boot” for muscular dystrophyNext What’s Trending for August 29
After making his English Premier League debut for Chelsea this weekend, Ghana star Baba Rahman says he hopes to get better with more games.The left-back started and finished the game in the absence of injured Serbian Branislav Ivanovic, and although appearing a tad shaky at times, he did his bit to help the Blues to a 2-0 win over visiting Aston Villa.He is now hoping he can build on his performance with games against Dynamo Kiev – in the UEFA Champions League – and West Ham over the course of the next week.”Everybody is happy and we are hoping things continue to go this way,” said Baba. “It was a hard game but the most important thing was to get the win.”I think I still need to learn more and I want to improve game after game.”We are looking forward to all the games and we just want to keep on winning.” Fellow Ghana international Jordan Ayew started for Villa and lasted 68 minutes before giving way to Mali’s Adama Traore. Benin striker Rudy Gestede and Senegal midfielder Idrissa Gueye played the entire game for the visitors.–Follow Joy Sports on Twitter: @Joy997FM. Our hashtag is #JoySports
EVERTON have rejected Paris Saint-Germain’s approach for Donegal soccer star Seamus Coleman.Reports out today claim the French champions were prepared to offer a player-plus-cash deal worth £20million for the right-back.However, the Toffees have moved quickly to reject the bid as they refuse to offload their key players this summer. The Republic of Ireland international, who cost Everton just £60,000 seven years ago from Sligo Rovers, has also been linked with Manchester United.Red Devils boss Louis van Gaal set his sights on the 26-year-old earlier in the summer before the arrival of Matteo Darmian at Old Trafford.Seamus recently got married to long-time girlfriend Rachel Cunningham in a very low-key but tasteful affair at Harvey’s Point Hotel.FRENCH GIANTS OFFER £20M FOR SEAMUS COLEMAN was last modified: August 28th, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:evertonKillybegsseamus coleman
8 February 2012 Platinum’s investment potential could exceed that of gold, Russia’s Norilsk Nickel told the Investing in African Mining Indaba in Cape Town on Tuesday. According to reports, the world’s largest producer of nickel and palladium is looking at platinum mine acquisitions in South Africa. According to News agency Bloomberg, Roman Panov, Norilsk’s international assets director, said in a speech at the Mining Indaba that platinum, palladium and rhodium – together known as platinum group metals (PGMs) – “have investment potential comparable or even greater than gold”. PGMs are used in devices that convert toxic gases in vehicle exhausts, as well as to make jewellery Panov told news agency Reuters on the sidelines of the conference that Norilsk was “under current due diligence of some projects in South Africa for maybe a prospective acquisition deal here … It is too early to make an announcement right now, but we are extensively working this market. It is different companies in the PGM group, but primarily platinum.” In a statement on Tuesday, Norilsk said South Africa – the world’s biggest producer of platinum, accounting for roughly three-quarters of global output – was “a priority region of the investment policy for MMC Norilsk Nickel. “In accordance with the approved strategy of the company, besides nickel and other metals, PGM production will also play an important role in further development of operations on the African continent.” Currently, Norilsk Nickel is the joint owner – with South Africa’s African Rainbow Minerals – of a 50% stake in the Nkomati Nickel Mine in Mpumalanga province. According to Norilsk, the mine has 159-million tons of proven reserves, including over 500 000 tons of nickel, 200 000 tons of copper and 150 000 tons of PGMs. Norilsk said it regarded Nkomati as being “of great importance as a major investment project in South Africa”, adding that its total investments in the project already exceeded US$200-million. Norilsk also owns 85% of the Tati Nickel project in neighbouring Botswana. Panov told Reuters that the company veiwed Botswana as well as Zimbabwe, the Democratic Republic of Congo, and Zambia as “potential regions for further development” in Africa. SAinfo reporter
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest Attention Ohio FFA Members:The 2016 Ohio FFA State Convention is just around the corner and the Ohio Ag Net & Ohio’s Country Journal is on the search for three outstanding Ohio FFA members to help serve as student reporters for this year’s event. You’ll get the opportunity to help cover the convention and work alongside our news staff that includes Matt Reese, Dale Minyo and Ty Higgins. Ever wonder what it’s like to do our job? Here’s your chance!The live coverage of the Ohio FFA Convention will be posted on www.ocj.com.Student Reporters will assist in gathering award winner information, shoot video of newsworthy items and people, share their commentary of what happened in each session through a video recap and much more.To be considered:You must be attending both days of the Ohio FFA Convention May 5th and 6th.Submit a video sharing your qualifications and why you should be selected. This video should be no longer than two minutes. Don’t be afraid to show your excitement, creativity and enthusiasm!Upload the video to YouTube and email the link to email@example.comAll entries must be received by Friday, April 22nd.Those who earn a spot as a student reporter will be notified by April 26th.Search our website for examples of student reporters and their coverage from years past. Please direct any questions to Joel Penhorwood at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re a Media Composer video editor, update to the newest version for a smoother experience and increased support.Avid’s had a rough go at it lately. After delaying the release of financial information they were recently delisted from NASDAQ and moved to the OTC (Over The Counter) exchange. The company’s very public faltering spans a few years now – so there’s been much speculation in the pro video community about the future of the brand and editing platform.To top it off, Avid’s Media Composer software has been wrought with bugs over the last few versions. However, the recent announcement of Version 7.0.4 aims to provide some stability. The update addresses 115 bug fixes, which are all detailed here.Additionally the update adds the following features/functionality (tip from AvidBlogs.com):Support for Mac OS 10.9.2 (Mavericks)Media Composer | Cloud Plug-in UpdateNew SGamut3.cine LUTs from SonyHigh-Definition Color Bar Signal bars have been addedA new crash report logMac Pro Support: Doesn’t require a core audio device to be present upon launchPerformance update to Avid Artist Color Visit Avid Blogs for more details on the update.Are you an Avid editor and worried about the future of the company/app?Share your thoughts in the comments below.
PCB has ordered an investigation in the religious comments made by Shehzad against DilshanReligious comments by Pakistan batsman Ahmed Shehzad to Sri Lanka player Tillakaratne Dilshan after their one-day international last Saturday are being investigated by the Pakistan Cricket Board.While the players were walking back to the dressing room in Dambulla, Sri Lanka, Shehzad was caught on camera telling Dilshan “if you are a non-Muslim and you turn Muslim, no matter whatever you do in your life, straight to heaven.”Dilshan’s reply was not audible, and Shehzad went on to say, “Then be ready for the fire.”Shehzad was summoned to PCB headquarters in Lahore on Wednesday and asked about his comments, board general manager media Agha Akbar said.”Ahmed has informed the PCB that it was his personal chat with Dilshan, and there was nothing more to it,” Akbar said.”What we understand is that no Sri Lanka Cricket official or our own manager lodged any complaint.”However, Akbar said the PCB was still investigating the matter.Dilshan was born to a Muslim father and a Buddhist mother and was known as Tuwan Mohamed Dilshan.He shed his Muslim name shortly after his international debut in 1999 and took up the name Tillakaratne Mudiyanselage Dilshan with an ethnic Sinhalese-Buddhist identity.His childhood coach Ranjan Paranavitana said even though Dilshan carried a Muslim name, he and his brothers and sisters followed their mother’s religion from their childhood.Dilshan scored an unbeaten 50 on Saturday and powered the home team to a seven-wicket victory in the ODI series decider.advertisement