Denmark’s PFA begins search for successor to Henrik Heideby

first_imgThe head of Denmark’s largest commercial pensions provider PFA has resigned after more than 13 years at the helm to take on more directorships and give strategic advice, the DKK425bn (€57bn) pensions company has said.PFA’s chief executive Henrik Heideby will be leaving the group at the end of 2014, the company announced.Heideby said: “For almost 30 years, I have been involved with board work in many different industries, from the construction sector to the medical devices business.”He said he had the opportunity to expand his current portfolio in the next few years. “However, it is not compatible with the job as chief executive, which is why I have decided to change careers at the end of the year with the agreement of the chairman,” Heideby said.Svein Askær, PFA chairman, said the board had started the process of finding a replacement for Heideby.“We expect to have them in place by year-end,” he said.He said Heideby had been crucial to the success PFA had achieved over the past 10 years. “We are obviously sad to lose him, but also understand his choice, as Henrik has a lot of skills that will certainly be able to be used on a company’s board,” Askær said.Heideby said there had been some very exciting and challenging years at PFA since he took the top position in the autumn of 2001 after the September 11 attacks on the US, which hit the business hard.He said PFA now had a capital base of more than DKK28bn and total assets of nearly DKK425bn.last_img read more

Hillary Clinton Defends Aborting Babies Through Full Term of Pregnancy in 3rd Presidential Debate

first_imgAt the final presidential debate between her and Republican Party nominee Donald Trump on Wednesday, Clinton was asked by Fox News’ Chris Wallace her views on to what extent abortion should be regulated.“You have been quoted as saying that the fetus has no constitutional rights. You also voted against a ban on late-term, partial-birth abortions. Why?” asked Wallace.Clinton told those gathered at the University of Nevada in Las Vegas that “Roe v. Wade very clearly sets out that there can be regulations on abortion so long as the life and the health of the mother are taken into account.”“The kinds of cases that fall at the end of pregnancy are often the most heartbreaking, painful decisions for families to make,” said Clinton.“I do not think the United States government should be stepping in and making those most personal of decisions. So you can regulate if you are doing so with the life and the health of the mother taken into account.” The health of the mother exception is essentially a loophole because the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the abortionist can decide what qualifies as good for the health of the mother.Trump, who said earlier in the debate he would appoint pro-life judges to the United States Supreme Court, pressed Clinton about her position on abortion.“I think it’s terrible. If you go with what Hillary is saying, in the ninth month, you can take the baby and rip the baby out of the womb of the mother just prior to the birth of the baby. Now, you can say that that’s OK and Hillary can say that that’s OK. But it’s not OK with me,” argued Trump.Clinton responded to Trump’s criticism by stating that it was “scare rhetoric” and restated that “I do not believe the government should be making it.”Conservatives have argued that Clinton is an extremist on abortion, with her campaign platform opposing a late term abortion ban and supporting the removal of the Hyde Amendment, which limits federal funding of abortion.READ MORE: http://www.christianpost.com/news/hillary-clinton-aborting-babies-full-term-pregnancy-3rd-presidential-debate-170986/An Abortion Rights Advocate Says He Lied About ProcedureNew York Times 26 February 1997A prominent member of the abortion rights movement said today that he lied in earlier statements when he said a controversial form of late-term abortion is rare and performed primarily to save the lives or fertility of women bearing severely malformed babies.He now says the procedure is performed far more often than his colleagues have acknowledged, and on healthy women bearing healthy fetuses.Ron Fitzsimmons, the executive director of the National Coalition of Abortion Providers, said he intentionally misled in previous remarks about the procedure, called intact dilation and evacuation by those who believe it should remain legal and ”partial-birth abortion” by those who believe it should be outlawed, because he feared that the truth would damage the cause of abortion rights.But he is now convinced, he said, that the issue of whether the procedure remains legal, like the overall debate about abortion, must be based on the truth.READ MORE: http://www.nytimes.com/1997/02/26/us/an-abortion-rights-advocate-says-he-lied-about-procedure.html?_r=2 Christian Post 19 October 2016Family First Comment: “I think it’s terrible. If you go with what Hillary is saying, in the ninth month, you can take the baby and rip the baby out of the womb of the mother just prior to the birth of the baby. Now, you can say that that’s OK and Hillary can say that that’s OK. But it’s not OK with me,” argued Trump.last_img read more

Ethiopia is embarking on a journey of space exploration

first_imgEthiopia’s ambitious space program has been growing in recent years. Based in Addis Ababa, it’s the country’s first space programme, and has only been officially operational for the last few months.last_img

Harrison pharmacy robbed, police search for two suspects

first_imgHarrison, Oh. — Police in Harrison, Ohio are looking for two suspects in a brazen Wednesday pharmacy robbery.A report from the Harrison Police Department says two black males entered the Village Pharmacy on Harrison Avenue at 9:10 a.m., restrained the employees with zip ties and locked them in a bathroom. The suspects reportedly took personal property, Xanax, Oxycodone and Ritalin.The suspects are described as black males in their 20’s, one was about 5-feet 10-inches tall and wearing a “True Religion” hoodie. The second suspect was approximately 6-feet 4-inches tall and wearing a Chicago Bulls hoodie. The pair fled in a black Chevrolet Malibu with Indianaplates north on State Street toward Interstate 74.Information about this crime can be left by calling 513- 367-3715.last_img

Shelia Ann Murray

first_imgShelia Ann Murray, 73, of Dillsboro passed away Wednesday, December 5, 2018 at her home.  Shelia was born Wednesday, February 28, 1945 in Barridge, KY, the daughter of Everett and Zelma (Nicholas) Taylor.  She married Richard Murray October 4, 1969 and he preceded her in death January 25, 2012.  She was a homemaker, member of Dearborn Baptist Church at Manchester.  She enjoyed crafting, scrapbooking, floral decorating, canning and gardening. She was up to any adventures that came her way and loved making memories with the family.Shelia is survived by sons Richard Murray and William Murray both of Dillsboro; daughters Michelle (Bruce) Richmond of Albion, IN, Melissa (Glenn) Wafford of Lawrenceburg and Monica (Matthew) Johnson of Sunman, brothers Bud Taylor of Mason, OH and Estill Taylor of Anderson, OH, many grandchildren, 2 great grandchildren and one on the way.  She was preceded in death by her husband and parents.A service celebrating her life will be held 11 AM Tuesday, December 11, 2018 at Dearborn Baptist Church in Manchester (9638 State Road 48, Aurora, IN 47001) with Pastor Darrell Sparks officiating. Burial will follow at Hopewell Cemetery in Andersonville, IN (Rush County).  Family and friends may gather to honor and remember Shelia 9 – 11 AM Tuesday also at the church.  Memorials may be given in her honor to Dearborn Baptist Church.  Laws-Carr-Moore Funeral Home entrusted with arrangements, P. O. Box 243, Milan, IN 47031, (812) 654 – 2141.  You may go to www.lawscarrmoore.com to leave an online condolence message for the family.last_img read more

Time is now for Mane’s return

first_img Saints travel to the Hawthorns after last Sunday’s 2-0 loss at home to Liverpool saw them slip to fifth in the Premier League. Senegal winger Mane, who has scored five goals for Saints this term, was a substitute after turning up late for the Liverpool clash, but is now in contention to start. “They have the best players, they have the best possibilities and that’s normal.” Defender Toby Alderweireld is nearing a return, but is not likely to be back in contention until next Tuesday’s match with Crystal Palace. Koeman added: “Toby Alderweireld is close to being back, but is still not available for this weekend. “We hope he will be fit enough for next Tuesday. That’s good news that he is fairly close to being back.” The Dutchman is looking forward to have Alderweireld back, particularly as Jay Rodriguez (knee) and Emmanuel Mayuka (groin) remain long-term absentees. “It’s always frustrating for everybody, for the manager as well, because you like to have everybody available,” he said. “You like to have competition between your players in the squad.” Ronald Koeman has forgiven Sadio Mane for his poor timekeeping with the winger in line to return on Saturday to aid Southampton’s push for European football against West Brom. Koeman said: “I punished the player, because that’s one of the rules and instructions we have for the players. “Everybody is allowed to have one day late on a training session. That’s not a problem. “But to play you have to be on time. That was on that day. “He understood it. I spoke to Sadio before the game. He understood the reason why.” Koeman admits Southampton remain unfancied to claim a place in the Premier League’s top four and with it qualification for the Champions League, but he does not think it is beyond his side. “I don’t think it’s too much because everybody can dream about success, about the Champions League,” he said. “We know exactly our qualities. It will be a very long season to keep this position in the table. “The big ones (clubs) normally – it’s not an exception for this season – will have the highest positions in the league. Press Associationlast_img read more

“Time will tell”: Black Stars head coach on the possibility of selecting Sulley Muntari, K.P Boateng

first_imgHead coach of the Black Stars of Ghana, Charles Kwablan Akonnor is not ruling out recalling Sulley Muntari and Kevin-Prince Boateng to the national team.The duo were both kicked out of the Black Stars camp back in 2014 during the World Cup hosted in Brazil and have both not earned call-ups since then.Muntari was reportedly dismissed after he got physical with a member of staff, while Boateng was kicked out after disrespecting Coach Kwesi Appiah.In an interview on Starr FM, the 46-year-old head coach says time will tell if the duo will be recalled into the national team during his tenure.“I met Sulley Muntari some few weeks ago and I was honestly impressed with what I saw him do with the ball but time will tell. With Kevin-Prince Boateng too, time will tell. I know he is doing well and he will return to Italy. So we are keeping track of him and we will see”.last_img read more

Angels relievers perform well in intrasquad game

first_img Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error Angels’ Mike Trout working on his defense, thanks to Twitter Related Articles Angels’ poor pitching spoils an Albert Pujols milestone Jose Suarez’s rocky start sinks Angels in loss to Astros center_img Angels offense breaks out to split doubleheader with Astros ANAHEIM — With scheduled starter Andrew Heaney doing his work earlier in the day because of back stiffness, Angels relievers handled Saturday night’s intrasquad game.Right-hander Cam Bedrosian started the game two innings, including striking out the side on 11 pitches in the first inning.Left-hander Ryan Buchter worked a scoreless inning against the Angels regulars. Right-hander Jacob Barnes easily retired the first three hitters he faced in his inning, including strikeouts of Jo Adell and Brandon Marsh. Barnes stuck around for one more hitter, and he gave up a homer to Arismendy Alcantara.Prospect Jose Rodriguez started and worked the first three innings against the Angels everyday lineup, allowing just one run. He struck out Mike Trout. Angels’ Shohei Ohtani spending downtime working in outfield last_img read more

Vatuvei to aid Warriors’ forward effort

first_imgStill without experienced prop Ben Matulino due to injury, and with his forwards having struggled at times to assert themselves in contests against the Knights and Storm, Kearney’s inclusion of the 109kg Vatuvei effectively gives the Warriors another middle forward to lean on early in tackle counts.Vatuvei replaces 22-year-old utility back Tuimoala Lolohea and will line up across the field from Ken Maumalo, with the pair giving the Warriors a combined 214kgs of bulk on the flanks.”[Manu] will bring a strong carry, he carries the ball pretty strong and I think the experience he brings with his game [is important],” Kearney said of Vatuvei, who played for the club’s reserve-grade side in the opening two rounds.”He has played over 200 games of NRL, he has done the business in the past.”He has done really well [in reserve grade], he didn’t get the opportunity to play any of the trials so the idea was to give him some game time and I am happy with that.”The Bulldogs have named five international forwards for the Round 3 encounter at Forsyth Barr Stadium, ensuring they will present a huge challenge for the youthful Warriors’ pack.Despite being ranked fifth in the NRL Telstra Premiership for metres gained after the first two weeks, 15-season veteran Jacob Lillyman told NRL.com he believed his fellow big men had plenty more to offer.”There is always room for improvement, we can certainly step it up a level and we will try and do that this week,” Lillyman said.”A few of the young forwards have shown maturity beyond their years”Sammy [Lisone] and I have been on the bench and our goal over the last two weeks was to just try and bring some energy and lift the team a little bit, and I think we have done OK.”We know how tough the Bulldogs are, and their backs are to the wall a little bit.”They don’t go away… we are under no illusions, it’s going to be a really tough game.”Meanwhile Vatuvei will have fond memories of his only previous competitive game at Forsyth Barr Stadium, having scored a crucial try for the Kiwis in a 16-14 victory over England at the venue during the 2014 Four Nations.Now in his 14th season in the top flight, Vatuvei will line up against first-grade debutante Marcelo Montoya, who comes in for the injured Kerrod Holland.‌last_img read more

Shallow lineup a ‘big factor’ in Lyceum’s loss

first_imgOSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ’a duplicitous move’ – Lacson Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew View comments Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. The Lady Pirates only had eight of their 10 players in tow, and the lack of depth showed when they lost in five sets against College of St. Benilde, 22-25, 23-25, 25-14, 25-13, 15-10, Thursday.Lyceum head coach Emil Lontoc said their lack of players played a big part in the loss especially when the Lady Blazers found their rhythm in the final three sets.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crownSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folk“That was a big factor because we also lacked the guile against Benilde,” said Lontoc in Filipino at Filoil Flying V Centre. “We don’t have substitutes, that was really a factor unless we become consistent.”The Lady Pirates, after a stellar display in the first two sets, ultimately faltered in the ensuing three sets especially in the fifth when the Lady Blazers went on a 9-4 start. Scottie Thompson also worthy of Finals MVP, thinks Cone If the old adage “strength in numbers” can be applied to the NCAA Season 93 women’s volleyball tournament, then Lyceum is virtually on the minority.ADVERTISEMENT Ranya Musa gave Benilde a 6-4 lead in the fifth then Lyceum committed three straight errors that virtually sealed the Lady Pirates’ loss.“We really have to be consistent especially on defense,” said Lontoc whose team got outscored 53-34 in spikes and 13-9 in service aces. “We fought hard in the first two sets but we couldn’t replicate it in the next three.”Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next OSG plea to revoke ABS-CBN franchise ’a duplicitous move’ – Lacsoncenter_img Redemption is sweet for Ginebra, Scottie Thompson MOST READ Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours LATEST STORIES Meralco ‘never the same’ after Almazan injury in PBA Finals Ravena confident former team Alab will get better along the way Jiro Manio arrested for stabbing man in Marikina Brian Heruela arrival bolsters Phoenix backcourt, defenselast_img read more