Spanish firm Elecnor to build 185MW wind farm in Chile

first_img FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Power Technology:Spanish renewable energy and infrastructure company Elecnor has secured a contract to build a 185MW wind power facility in Chile.Backed by Mainstream Renewable Power, the Cerro Tigre wind farm will supply the national grid once operational. As per the terms of the contract, the company will install 44 wind turbines each with 4.2MW capacity and a height of 72m.The works are expected to be completed by next year.The Cerro Tigre wind farm forms part of the Cóndor portfolio, within Mainstream’s wholly-owned Andes Renovables 1.3GW platform. Once operational, the Cóndor portfolio will supply 680,000 Chilean homes.Elecnor has operated in Chile since 1980, with energy development and power transmission projects beyond wind.More: Elecnor wins contract to build 185MW wind farm in Chile Spanish firm Elecnor to build 185MW wind farm in Chilelast_img read more

Broome County expands testing to individuals with minor symptoms, other updates

first_imgBroome County April 21 coronavirus update The county executive says local closed businesses “can’t wait much longer.” Garnar says when businesses reopen, they will likely have to follow public-health safety guidelines, such as wearing a mask. (WBNG) — Broome County Executive Jason Garnar announced area hospitals can now test people with low-level symptoms of COVID-19 if their healthcare provider recommends it. Garnar says the county has about 9,000 tests available. Expanded testing Coronavirus numbers As of April 21, around 1,500 people in the county have been tested for the coronavirus. Garnar says he wants county officials and local health leaders to have input on when the state reopens the region. He says that is “very important” to the reopening of Broome County. In total, 225 cases of the virus have been reported in the county. There are 154 active cases of the coronavirus in Broome County. 12 people have died from the virus and 59 people have recovered. Garnar says the county is “ready to assist” the state government when it comes to local businesses reopening. A map detailing where coronavirus cases are located in the county can be found by clicking here. Local economy The announcement comes hours after Governor Cuomo said New York will reopen on a regional basis. Cuomo says the virus has affected different regions of the state differently. States less affected by the virus will reopen first.last_img read more

100 million overnight stays realized a week earlier than last year

first_img“The realization of 100 million overnight stays a week earlier compared to last year is an excellent result of Croatian tourism and a clear fact that our country occupies a stable position in a very competitive international market. In order to maintain the positive trends, we are already working very intensively on the preparation of the 2020 tourist year, while a large campaign is still underway to promote the post-season, for which we are already making great announcements. “, said the director of the CNTB, Kristjan Staničić, emphasizing that the results achieved so far confirm that Croatia is increasingly perceived in many emitting markets as a meaningful year-round tourist destination. According to the eVisitor system, which contains tourist traffic realized in the commercial and non-commercial segment and in the nautical charter, u This weekend, the number of 100 million overnight stays in Croatia was exceeded, a week earlier than last year. “The positive indicators so far on the realized tourist traffic, but also the financial ones, are proof that Croatia is excellently positioned on the world tourist market. We will continue to lead our tourism policy in the direction of sustainable and responsible tourism with the aim of improving the quality of the entire offer, ” said Tourism Minister Gary Cappelli.  In the same period, most overnight stays were realized from the markets of Germany, Croatia, Slovenia, Austria, Poland and Italy, and the destinations where the highest number of overnight stays were realized were Dubrovnik, Rovinj, Poreč, Split and Medulin.  center_img In the current part of the year, ie from January 1 to September 22, according to the first and incomplete data of the eVisitor system, 18,3 million arrivals and almost 101 million overnight stays were realized in Croatia, which is an increase of 4 percent in the same period last year. arrivals and 2 percent overnight stays. As they point out from the CNTB, the results confirm that the Croatian tourism sector is achieving extremely positive results in this very challenging and demanding tourist year.last_img read more

Indonesia readies plans for post-quarantine period: Health Ministry

first_imgThe government is saying it has prepared several scenarios for after the 14-day quarantine for the 243 people evacuated from Wuhan and other Chinese cities on Sunday to Raden Sadjad airbase in Natuna, Riau Islands, including a possible extension of the quarantine period and evacuation for those who require further medical treatment.The Health Ministry’s disease control and prevention director general, Anung Sugihantono, said if no single evacuee exhibits respiratory disorders or other symptoms related to the coronavirus infection, they would be immediately released after the two-week observation period as the people who were rescued on Sunday had received clearance from Chinese authorities.However, options are on the table if some people need further medical treatment following signs of coronavirus infection, he said. The government evacuated 243 people – 237 Indonesian citizens and a foreigner, plus five Foreign Ministry officials – from Wuhan, the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak, and other cities on Sunday, using Batik Air Airbus A-330 airplane flying from China to Hang Nadim International Airport in Batam, Riau Islands, before transferring them on three separate Indonesian Military (TNI) flight to Natuna.The number was less than the 245 people originally planned to be taken out of China, as four people were unwilling to leave and three people were declared sick at the time of departure and did not receive clearance from the Chinese government to leave the country.The death toll from the virus in China climbed to 362 as of Monday, Johns Hopkins CSSE reported, exceeding the 349 fatalities in China following the 2002 and 2003 Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) outbreak.As of Monday, no cases of infection have been observed in Indonesia, Anung said, with lab test results from 34 people – seven foreigners and 27 Indonesians – showing negative for the coronavirus. “We could extend [the quarantine period] or relocate [the patient] to a more specific place to receive treatment,” Anung told reporters in Jakarta on Monday. “A hospital in Natuna was already prepared but we also anticipate if – hopefully, such a thing will not happen – [the evacuees] need to be relocated to Jakarta should they require such treatment.”As of 8 a.m. on Monday, no returnees – including the flight crew who picked up the evacuees from China – had shown symptoms of coronavirus infection, Health Ministry spokesperson Widyawati said.Health workers continue to periodically examine the conditions of the evacuees at least twice a day, while the government had also made arrangements to ensure the comfort of the evacuees during their two-week quarantine.“According to the last information, our [evacuees] friends cannot communicate with their families because they still use a Chinese telecommunications operator [in their phones]. We are working to set up a wifi network today so that they could communicate with their families,” said Anung.center_img Editor’s note: Paragraph eight of this article has been edited.Topics :last_img read more

Chris Petersen steps down as Washington coach after six seasons

first_imgMORE: 2019 college football coaching carousel “It has been a privilege and a professional dream fulfilled to be part of this world-class institution,” Petersen said in the team’s release. “I will forever be grateful, honored and humbled to have had the opportunity to coach our fine young men on Montlake for these past six seasons. I thank each of them, as well as our coaches and administrative staff for the incredible commitment they’ve made to Husky football during my tenure.”The football program and Husky Athletics across the board will continue to prosper — and do it the right way — with Jen Cohen’s leadership and the University administration’s commitment to excellence. I’ll be a Husky for life, but now is the right time for me to step away from my head coaching duties, and recharge.”Petersen led the Huskies to three consecutive seasons with double-digit wins from 2016-18 and a pair of Pac-12 championships in 2016 and ’18. That includes a College Football Playoff appearance in 2016 and Rose Bowl berth in 2018. The Huskies slipped to 7-5 this season. In the most shocking coaching move of the 2019 season, Washington coach Chris Petersen announced his resignation on Monday. Huskies athletic director Jennifer Cohen named defensive coordinator Jimmy Lake as the team’s new coach in a news release.Petersen is one of the most successful coaches in the FBS. He has a 146-38 career record between stops at Boise State (92-12) and Washington (54-26). That .793 winning percentage is the second-highest among FBS coaches with at least 100 wins. The only FBS coach with at least 100 wins and a winning percentage above .800 is Clemson’s Dabo Swinney, who is 128-30 (.810). Nick Saban, who is 242-66, has a .791 career winning percentage.last_img read more

Mason City council approves development agreement with Golden Grain Energy

first_imgMASON CITY — The City Council in Mason City last night approved a development agreement with Golden Grain Energy for a proposed $23 million expansion project to their facility on the city’s south side. The agreement provides an annual rebate of 100% of the incremental taxes paid for ten years, up to a maximum of $2 million. That rebate would be only for the estimated $6.2 million of increased value. In return, Golden Grain must add five more full-time jobs by the end of 2021.Councilman Paul Adams thanked Golden Grain for their large investment with the expansion.   “If you just look at what they’re adding here in assessed value with this expansion, just that by itself standing alone would be top 25 in the city for highest valuation, so once this ten-year rebate runs out if it’s approved right now, it’s going to be again a substantial tax investment here in the city that all the taxing entities are going to be able to take advantage of and use those dollars that’s created.” Councilman John Lee says Golden Grain has been a great partner with the city.   “And continue to support them and watching them expand, and they’ve been doing very well and a lot of that money is coming back into expansion, so I look forward to continuing to watch them grow. Just to hear that there may be a third expansion even possible down the road, it’s great news for us, things change I get that. If you look at these numbers, and if I remember correctly talking with Mr. Burnett, they are the highest valuation in Cerro Gordo County, and so with these numbers, I absolutely support this, and thank you for reinvesting in our community.” Golden Grain and the city successfully executed a development agreement in 2004 in which they provided a minimum of 42 full-time equivalent jobs in exchange for just over $5 million in tax rebates. That helped to leverage Golden Grain into having the highest assessed property value in the city, assessed at just under $19 million this past January.last_img read more