Rightmove to launch tyre-kicker filtering service

first_imgRightmove is to launch a service that will enable agents to weed out tyre kickers as email and phone leads via its listings arrive from home hunters.The company says in its half year results today that its new Opportunity Manager is currently undergoing early trials, a service that will both train agents and provide them with behavioural data to analyse inbound leads.This announcement, which is part of the portal’s ongoing attempts to help agents spend more on its add-on services, comes as it reveals that the average revenue per agent (ARPA) increased by £76 to £987 a month over the past six months.TurnoverCompared to the same period last year Rightmove’s revenue increased by 10%, its profits by 12%, both of which were driven by growth within its estate agency and new homes divisions.And despite there now being two strong ‘No.2’s in the market which many thought might lead some agents to ditch Rightmove, the portal says its membership has remained stable, increasing slightly to 20,450.There were 139 million visits to its website, an average of nearly three visits every month by every adult in the UK.Rightmove’s figures also reveal that the company remains staggeringly profitable. During the first half of the year it turned over £131.1 million on which it made a profit of £101 million, or 87%.The portal also reveals that, because it’s shares are so expensive at nearly £4.93 each, it is to recommend to shareholder that they be subdivided into tenths in order to make them accessible to smaller investors and employees.Rightmove opportunity manager July 27, 2018Nigel LewisWhat’s your opinion? Cancel replyYou must be logged in to post a comment.Please note: This is a site for professional discussion. Comments will carry your full name and company.This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.Related articles Letting agent fined £11,500 over unlicenced rent-to-rent HMO3rd May 2021 BREAKING: Evictions paperwork must now include ‘breathing space’ scheme details30th April 2021 City dwellers most satisfied with where they live30th April 2021 Home » News » Marketing » Rightmove to launch tyre-kicker filtering service previous nextMarketingRightmove to launch tyre-kicker filtering serviceAnnouncement comes today as the company reveals profits up 12% over past six months and ARPA that’s shot up by £76 a month.Nigel Lewis27th July 201801,655 Viewslast_img read more

Barcelona blow as Neymar wants new PSG contract

first_imgNeymar is reportedly prepared to sign a new contract with Paris Saint-Germain, but the potential deal will depend on his team’s success in the Champions League this season. Neymar But the latest news has the 27-year-old staying put at Paris Saint-Germain in the long term.Advertisement Loading… Neymar has been linked with the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid in recent months but now it’s believed that he could sign a new contract at PSG. Read Also:Neymar looks set to leave PSG for a new challenge Le Parisien state that rather than holding out for a move to Barcelona this summer, Neymar may instead put pen to paper on a new deal, something which would representa blow to the Spanish giants. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 center_img Promoted ContentCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable Way6 Movies Where A Car Plays A Key RoleWhat Happens When You Eat Eggs Every Single Day?7 Worst Things To Do To Your PhoneWho’s The Best Car Manufacturer Of All Time?10 Risky Jobs Some Women DoBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them10 Hyper-Realistic 3D Street Art By OdeithWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?20 Celebs With Surprising Hidden Talents And SkillsDid You Know There’s A Black Hole In The Milky Way?The Highest Paid Football Players In The Worldlast_img read more

Ramelton residents angry over erection of quayside hoarding

first_imgResidents in Ramelton have reacted angrily to the construction of a council hoarding on the Quay.An open-air protest meeting is due to take place at the location on Monday evening to address the issue.All members of local community groups, the public and election candidates are invited to attend. This week’s decision by Donegal County to put a large hoarding in front of a derelict structure on the Quayside has been described by Cllr. Ian McGarvey as a gratuitous insult to the community battling to protect the town’s Georgian heritage and promote tourism.The reaction to the protective hoarding ranges from unbelievably stupid to outright anger and from dismay to the destruction of the town’s heritage landscape.Anthony McCahill who has done much work to promote the town through the Christmas Lights Project and is heading up preparation for the town’s 50th Lennon Festival reacted with shock when he discovered workmen putting the new structure in place on Tuesday morning.He said if that is all Donegal County Council can come up with for Ramelton then they should be advised by all the public representatives and candidates in the local elections to stay to hell out of the place. He said: “This town has a huge history and we are doing our best to promote Ramelton as a tourist destination. The Quay is one of Donegal’s most pictured locations and it is a big tourist attraction… but not any more.“If any of the townspeople tried to put that kind of hoarding on their property, regardless of how dangerous it might look, the Council would have a notice served immediately to have it removed.“This is making a complete farce out of Ramelton’s historic landscape and we simply must put on the pressure to have some less intrusive protection put in place.It must be 25 years ago since the Tribune wrote a story saying “Ramelton is the town the Council forgot” and that was true then and even more so now.“Unfortunately the Council discovered Ramelton again on Tuesday and the image of this huge hoarding they put in place on the Quay is a total disgrace and we must push to have that removed before the summer,” said Mr. McCahill.He told the Tribune that nobody in the Council seems to have any appreciation whatever of the history value of Ramelton and its part of Ireland’s heritage legacy. Cllr. McGarvey said he was shocked at how this unsightly piece of work has impacted on one of Donegal’s most picturesque locations.‘Some of the structure on the Quay is in a state of dereliction for these past fifty years but this action by the Council has made the visual impact much worse. It would seem to me that the Council totally ignored the damage inflicted by this structure to this picturesque landscape” he said.The hoarding has been roundly condemned as a shameful eyesore and an insult to the people of Ramelton by community groups and those involved in the Tidy Towns campaign and the Lennon Festival as it celebrates its Golden Jubilee.One spokesperson said he now believes that all other derelict sites in Ramelton may also have white safety hoardings put in place to protect the public. Since midweek, Cllr. McGarvey has been in contact with Council officials with responsibility for derelict buildings and public safety to establish what other avenues were explored to find a less intrusive way of ensuring that the structure concerned could not have been fully secured from public access.He said that since being elected to the Council in 2004 he’d put down so many motions at meetings of Donegal County Council in an attempt to get the huge issue of dereliction of buildings in Ramelton dealt with.“My concerns have fallen on deaf ears and when I now look at the visual disaster the Council has created on the Quay, it makes me very angry.“I accept the town’s derelict building need to be repaired. The owners of these properties must come forward and take responsibility for these properties or else the Council must invoke legislation to have these building secured for future generations. by their owners or else by the Council.“I’ve been told by the Council they’ve not been able to identify the ‘registered owner’ of the derelict structure involved in this controversy. Therefore I’m asking whoever claims to own it, to come along and take responsibility for its protection and restoration. I am asking the owners of all these derelict structures dotted around the town to do likewise: these properties are on the Back Lane, the Market Cross, opposite the Town Hall and on the Mall, amongst other locations.“It would be a real boost to Ramelton to see these buildings restored and put to use. I recognise that the Council has a responsibility for public protection around derelict buildings but hoardings of the kind now on the Quay is a huge step backwards.“I am very disappointed at the manner in which the Council has treated the Ramelton community down the years and this has to be the last straw. It is a huge insult to the efforts of community project that are striving hard to promote Ramelton.“I am calling on the community and all the groups in the town to come together and unite in opposing these unsightly hoardings making the news for all the wrong reasons. The Council must work to find a solution that promotes Ramelton and this is definitely the wrong way to go about it,’ said Cllr. McGarvey.Ramelton residents angry over erection of quayside hoarding was last modified: May 2nd, 2019 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:AngercouncilhoardingRameltonlast_img read more

Ireland preparing to ban fur farming

first_imgThe Irish government is preparing to phase out fur farming and bring an end to mink farms.Agriculture Minister Michael Creed is expected to seek Cabinet approval tomorrow to draft legislation to ban the practice.There are three mink farms in Ireland. One farm is in operation outside Glenties in Donegal, while two more are located in Kerry and Laois. The three farms rear up to 200,000 mink per year. The farming of mink has already been banned in 14 EU countries.Minister Creed is due to begin work on a plan to phase out the industry in a legal manner. At the same time, People Before Profit TD Ruth Coppinger is planning to bring her Prohibition of Fur Farming Bill before the Dáil on the 3rd of July.Deputy Coppinger said she has written to Minister Creed to discuss the ban. “I think he should support our Bill, and bring forward amendments he thinks needed. Our Bill offers an opportunity to move next week on a ban,” she said.Ireland preparing to ban fur farming was last modified: June 24th, 2019 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:bandailfur farmingminklast_img read more

Game 4 takeaways: Erik Karlsson’s health among a few concerns

first_imgSAN JOSE — Perhaps there was only one sight uglier than the Sharks’ start to Game 4 of the Western Conference Final against the St. Louis Blues on Friday.It was the one of defenseman Erik Karlsson on the Sharks’ bench late in the third period, lurched over in obvious discomfort.Karlsson returned late the third after the Sharks had pulled Martin Jones, attempting to tie the game with the extra attacker on the ice. But the Sharks couldn’t beat Blues goalie Jordan Binnington a second time and …last_img

Pair of 49ers players part of St. Thomas Aquinas’ remarkable tradition

first_imgSANTA CLARA — The learning curve is still steep, but 49ers rookie defensive end Nick Bosa feels playing at an elite program like Ohio State will help with the transition into the NFL.There’s also no question in Bosa’s mind that attending St. Thomas Aquinas High School helped get him ready for the NCAA.For complete 49ers coverage follow us on Flipboard.“It was great. It prepared me for my future, and I built some really good relationships,” Bosa said of the Fort Lauderdale, Fla. school. …last_img

South Africa’s banks in upbeat mood

first_img19 April 2012 South Africa’s banking confidence has risen above its long-term average levels for the first time in over three years, and the sector looks set for sustained earnings growth, according to a survey by Ernst & Young. Ernst & Young’s lead financial services director, Emilio Pera, said on Tuesday that it looked like South Africa’s banks had finally shrugged off the effects of the 2008/09 global financial crisis, with profit growth back at pre-crisis levels. “Until the beginning of 2012, investment banking profits were erratic,” Pera said in a statement. “Despite not all business lines firing on all cylinders, there is a trend evident in profit growth which is looking positive.”Strong turnaround in revenue, rising headcount The survey findings include a strong turnaround in interest and non-interest revenue, sustained fee income growth for both retail and investment banks, and continued easing in credit impairments and losses. Another positive indicator was continued growth in bank employee headcount. Despite recent rumours, South Africa’s banking sector was growing net employee numbers, rather than cutting back, the survey found. Pera said the country’s banks had struggled to contain costs in the aftermath of the global financial crisis, given the regulatory pressures, IT systems enhancements and general inflationary pressures they faced. It had taken a strong degree of focus from the banks to align their cost base with the slower revenue growth environment. Banks ‘managing their costs carefully’ The recent reporting season indicated that South Africa’s major banks were all now managing their costs carefully, and as a result overall 2011 operating costs across the banking sector were only marginally ahead of 2010 levels. “Banks nevertheless have certain unavoidable costs they have to endure, and we can see that in the first quarter’s survey results, with all banks in the retail segment experiencing upward cost pressure,” Pera said. According to Ernst & Young, credit growth continues to strengthen, and is moving gradually upwards from low single-digit to high single-digit figures. “Banks are particularly excited about prospects in select key segments, and are focusing their efforts to support those product markets,” Pera said. “It is thus no surprise that confidence levels have risen as sharply as they did in the first quarter.” SAinfo reporterlast_img read more

World leaders’ Twitter tributes to Nelson Mandela

first_img“I will never forget my friend Madiba,” said former US president Bill Clinton. “I have lost a dear friend. Nelson Mandela stands as an inspiration to us all,” said Kofi Annan. Twitter has collected tweets from major world leaders expressing their sadness at his passing and appreciation of his life. Read them here.#RIPMandelalast_img

Progress on West Coast port labor negotiations

first_imgShare Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest The International Longshore and Warehouse Union (ILWU) this week announced it expects a three-year contract extension with the Pacific Maritime Association (PMA) to pass with a 67 percent approval vote from its members. This is positive news for the U.S. economy and pork industry as the agreement eliminates the possibility of any near-term disruption of West Coast port service. In 2015, a nine-month labor dispute at ports from Seattle to San Diego slowed the flow of U.S. exports. As a member of the Ag Transportation Coalition and of the Ports Coalition, the National Pork Producers Councl continues to work for port accessibility and continuity of service.last_img

Google Sues “Google Money” Scam Artists

first_imgTags:#Google#web 8 Best WordPress Hosting Solutions on the Market A Web Developer’s New Best Friend is the AI Wai… jolie odell Fresh from the official Google blog, we have news that Google is taking a group of online scammers to court.We’ve all seen the ads: “Use Google to Make 1000s of Dollars!” “Easy Cash with Google: You Could be Making up to $978 a Day Working from Home!” Finally, the search giant has announced it’s going to do something to protect its trademark and help spare a few suckers from getting scalped. Google is suing Pacific WebWorks and a rash of unnamed defendants.In a joint post from search quality engineer Jason Morrison and senior litigation counsel Stacey Wexler, the company stated, “Google hasn’t created or endorsed any of the sites like those described in our complaint. Misleading ads try to take advantage of consumers… As far as we can tell, thousands of people have been tricked into sending payment information and being charged hidden fees by questionable operations.”The scammers’ URLs will be de-indexed, and Google will also be permanently disabling AdWords accounts linked to poor user experiences. But, as Morrison and Wexler note, treating the symptoms of a scam circle is a bit like playing Whack-A-Mole. Google can bash away at the digital manifestations of these shady companies, but it’s nearly impossible to get rid of them forever without going after the people involved.We hope the lawsuits go well and help to get these scammers off our tubes. Here’s a brief list from Google of names associated with scam artists. These companies are not affiliated with Google in any way:Google AdworkGoogle ATMGoogle Biz KitGoogle CashEarn Google Cash KitGoogle FortuneGoogle Marketing KitGoogle ProfitsThe Home Business Kit for GoogleGoogle StartUp KitGoogle WorksAs always, be smart online, and remember that if something seems to good to be true, it probably is. For more tips on how to avoid getting ripped off on the Internet, check out an informative Google blog post from this summer.center_img Top Reasons to Go With Managed WordPress Hosting Related Posts Why Tech Companies Need Simpler Terms of Servic…last_img read more