Limerick centre needed to tackle environmental issues LIMERICK City and County Council is urging landowners not to carry out any illegal burning of land during the COVID-19 crisis.A spokesperson for Limerick City and County Council said as Ireland is currently in a national public health emergency due to the spread of COVID-19 “everyone needs to ensure that all of our emergency services personnel are available in terms of public safety”.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up The message echoes that of the Minister for Agriculture, Food & the Marine Michael Creed TD who issued strong warnings to landowners about an illegal burning activity.The spokesperson said, “This is an unprecedented time in Ireland and everyone must play their part in supporting our emergency services and ensuring they are not needlessly diverted, so it is crucially important that landowners heed the Minister’s warning.“If someone should start an illegal fire in the countryside this will cause the unnecessary diversions of emergency service resources”.The statement added that wildfires can cause disruption in rural communities as well as putting homes and livelihoods at risk.“Such disturbances to rural dwellers, including those who are old and vulnerable cannot be allowed under any circumstances but especially at this time when the country is dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic,” the statement concluded.If you burn land between the 01 March and 31 August:You risk prosecution, fines and potential imprisonmentSuch land will no longer be eligible for payment under the Basic Payment Scheme and other area-based schemesInclusion of illegally burnt land in the 2020 Basic Payment Scheme application may result in reduced payment and penalties under this scheme and the other area-based schemes, e.g. Areas of Natural Constraints SchemeIllegal burning can also render the land of your neighbours ineligible for paymentWhere it is identified that lands were burnt during the closed season this may result in such land being inspected by Department officials Discover the wonders of Limerick during Heritage Week RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Email Linkedin Advertisement Limerick Senator has beef with meat industry TAGScitycountyEnvironmentillegalIrelandlimerickLimerick City and County CouncilNews Twitter Previous articleCiara raises €40,000 for the Children’s Grief CentreNext articleAnn & Steve Talk Stuff | Episode 7 | A new normal Cian Reinhardthttp://www.limerickpost.ieJournalist & Digital Media Coordinator. Covering human interest and social issues as well as creating digital content to accompany news stories. [email protected] NewsEnvironmentLimerick landowners urged not to carry out illegal burning of landBy Cian Reinhardt – March 31, 2020 239 Key restrictions ‘significantly’ tightened to combat spread of Coronavirus Print Facebook Limerick on alert as city hit by Covid outbreaks WhatsApp Changes to the Student Support Scheme for people living in Direct Provision
NCUA Board Member J. Mark McWatters, in a Credit Union Journal op-ed on Friday, raised concerns about NCUA’s appearing to dismiss without consideration a recommendation made by NAFCU to return to an 18-month examination cycle for low-risk institutions.NCUA President and CEO Dan Berger made the recommendation in a letter last week to NCUA.“That NCUA would scuttle this request without debate among the board offices further evidences the lack of transparency and collegiality within the agency,” McWatters wrote. “As we all know, more than 70% of NCUA’s operating budget consists of examination and travel-related costs, and any reasonable suggestion regarding how to better manage the inexorable increase in these costs merits thoughtful reflection.”He continued, “NCUA seems to have forgotten that it’s not 2008, but, instead, 2015 and that the credit union community — in NCUA’s own assessment — is strong and resilient. That the top-tier of credit unions require full-tilt examination every 12 months is worthy of challenge and rigorous debate.” continue reading » 13SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr
Bosnia and Herzegovina’s young basketball player Dzenan Musa has decided to help the Cantonal Hospital in Bihac with a valuable donation to combat the coronavirus pandemic, Avaz news portal reports.The Brooklyn Nets NBA basketball player, born in Bihac, has announced that he has made contact with the supplier and expects the necessary appliances to be shipped within the next fifteen days.“The equipment is currently in high demand, so it is almost impossible to find, but we were lucky enough to find a supplier through a friend. I would appeal to anyone who is able to get involved in helping as much as I can. I hope there will be no delay in fast delivery,” said 20-year-old Musa.
Los Angeles, United States | AFP | Jose Mourinho ruled out any attempt to bring Cristiano Ronaldo back to Old Trafford after Manchester United opened their US tour here Saturday with a 5-2 rout of the Los Angeles Galaxy.United manager Mourinho is keen to bolster his ranks further after already strengthening his squad with the additions of Victor Lindelof and Romelu Lukaku.But the Portuguese manager poured cold water on the possibility of an attempt to prise United legend Ronaldo away from Real Madrid.“I’m not going to waste my time thinking about players who are mission impossible,” Mourinho told reporters after the win.Earlier, England striker Marcus Rashford scored twice with Marouane Fellaini, Anthony Martial and Henrikh Mkhitaryan bagging United’s other goals in a one-sided victory in front of 25,667 fans at the StubHub Center.New striker Lukaku was unable to get in on the goals after a 45-minute debut in the second half.Lukaku missed one golden chance four minutes into his United debut, with his shot saved by Galaxy goalkeeper Brian Rowe.However Mourinho was satisfied with Lukaku’s “unselfish” display in leading the line.“Lukaku is a target man, he plays with his back to opponents,” Mourinho said. “A good thing today for me is to see that he’s a team player. He’s not selfish. He’s not obsessed with goals. “He was not that worried about himself, he was worried about the improvement of the team.”Rashford meanwhile reminded Mourinho of his eye for goal with a confident first-half display.The teenager opened the scoring after only two minutes, punishing an error from Ariel Lassiter near the Galaxy penalty area to dart in on goal and place his finish beyond goalkeeper Jon Kempin.The 19-year-old doubled his tally in the 20th minute, latching onto a clever pass from Juan Mata to make it 2-0.– Rashford ‘still growing’ –Mourinho later revealed that Rashford, who looks to have added a physical dimension to his game, was still growing.“It’s just the natural evolution of a kid,” Mourinho said. “He’s already taller than when I arrived 13 months ago. He’s three centimeters taller. He’s put on some muscle but without any kind of specific work because his speed is his most important quality and we don’t want to lose that.”Marouane Fellaini ensured United had a 3-0 lead at half-time tucking a low shot past the hapless Kempin after good work down the left flank by Jesse Lingard.Mourinho changed his entire line-up at half-time, mirroring wholesale changes made by the Galaxy.Share on: WhatsApp Pages: 1 2