RSF_en PakistanAsia – Pacific to go further Pakistani supreme court acquits main suspect in Daniel Pearl murder News January 28, 2021 Find out more February 19, 2014 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Explosive device attacks on Karachi news media June 2, 2021 Find out more April 21, 2021 Find out more Help by sharing this information Credit: Express Tribune Receive email alerts News Pakistani journalist critical of the military wounded by gunfire Follow the news on Pakistan News Organisation Pakistani TV anchor censored after denouncing violence against journalists Reporters Without Borders condemns an attack with explosive devices on a building shared by two sister news media, Aaj News and Business Recorder, in the Guru Mandir district of Karachi on 17 February.Thrown by individuals on a motorcycle, the devices caused minor injuries to a security guard and a driver. A similar device was thrown soon afterwards at a nearby building housing three media outlets – Waqt TV, The Nation and Nawa-i-Waqt – but did not explode and was defused.Police said the same group could have been responsible for both attacks, which have not been claimed.“We unequivocally condemn these attacks and urge the police to identify those responsible and bring them to justice,” said Benjamin Ismaïl, the head of the Reporters Without Borders Asia-Pacific desk.“The climate is clearly deteriorating. Targeted attacks have continued since last month’s fatal shooting of three Express News TV employees. We call on the authorities to deploy security measures appropriate to the dangers to which media personnel are exposed.”In a separate development, Ijaz Mengal, an education ministry employee and stringer for the Intekhab daily newspaper since 2005, was killed in Khuzdar, in the southwestern province of Balochistan on 14 February.The Baloch National Army separatist group claimed responsibility for his death, accusing him of having acted as a spy for national security agencies.The victim’s brother, Intekhab reporter Riaz Mengal, said his own journalistic activities were the reason for the separatist group’s decision to target his brother.Riaz Mengal was himself kidnapped in October 2007, supposedly because of his reporting. After managing to escape from his abductors a month later, he fled Balochistan because he thought it was too dangerous for journalists. Since fleeing he has continued to receive threats, including threats against his family.One of the world’s deadliest countries for journalists, Pakistan is ranked 158th out of 180 countries in the 2014 Reporters Without Borders press freedom index. News PakistanAsia – Pacific
January 6, 2021 Find out more February 26, 2021 United Nations: press freedom situation “deeply worrying” in Yemen, according to RSF News News RSF_en During a UN Human Rights Council interactive dialogue given by the group of eminent and regional experts on Yemen on 25 February, Reporters Without Borders (RSF) condemned the violations of journalists’ rights by all parties to the war and renewed its call for the release of detained journalists and stressed the obligation under international humanitarian law to protect journalists not participating in the hostilities. Also, Adel Al-Hasani, a freelance journalist who also works as a fixer for foreign media outlets, has been held arbitrarily for the past five months by the STC on a charge of “illegally facilitating the entry of foreign citizens”. Fixer for foreign reporters held in Aden for past five months Receive email alerts News YemenMiddle East – North Africa Condemning abusesProtecting journalists United Nations Moreover, the region of Aden was last year the center of several attacks against the media : TV reporter Adeeb Al-Janani died during the Aden Airport attack and nine others were injured. This came only a few months after the assasination of photographer Nabil Hassan in the same province. Yemeni journalist killed, nine wounded in Aden airport explosions RSF’s 2020 Round-up: 50 journalists killed, two-thirds in countries “at peace” Organisation February 11, 2021 Find out more Follow the news on Yemen YemenMiddle East – North Africa Condemning abusesProtecting journalists United Nations to go further RSF reminds the authorities of their duty to protect journalists, who must by no means be considered as parties to the conflict. News Help by sharing this information Despite the prisoner swap of October, 11 journalists are still detained in all the areas controlled by the different parties to the conflict. Four of them, detained by the Houthis, are awaiting the execution of the death sentences they received last April on charges of spying. Reporters Without Borders (RSF) hails the work of the Group of Experts on Yemen, where the situation of press freedom remains deeply worrying. RSF calls for the release of all imprisoned journalists and for the truth to be established in the cases of those who have been murdered. December 28, 2020 Find out more Thank you. The oral intervention by Sabrina Bennoui, RSF’s head of Middle East desk, during this inter-active dialogue is appended below:Madam President,
Limerick Ladies National Football League opener to be streamed live Donal Ryan names Limerick Ladies Football team for League opener Advertisement Print Email Twitter Limerick’s National Camogie League double header to be streamed live WATCH: “Everyone is fighting so hard to get on” – Pat Ryan on competitive camogie squads LimerickNewsTrolley crisis at UHL shames the Minister – Maurice Quinlivan T.D.By Sarah Carr – April 22, 2021 242 Sinn Fein TD Maurice Quinlivan.Pic. Emma Jervis/ Press 22 SINN Féin TD, Maurice Quinlivan, has expressed his deep concern at the call by UL Hospitals Group urging the Limerick public to “consider all care options” before attending the Emergency Department at University Hospital Limerick. How Stephen Donnelly the Health Minister can stand idly by while this problem escalates is beyond belief.Speaking today, the Limerick TD stated:Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up “Yesterday, there were 70 people being treated on hospital trolleys at the University Hospital, today there are 63. The amount of people on trolleys has nearly quadrupled when compared with the numbers for this time last year. Staffing and capacity issues remain a huge problem, that the Minister for Health has yet to address in any meaningful way. I intend to raise the ongoing crisis at UHL in the Dáil again next week. Month on month this issue continues, and the Minister seems to have taken no steps to address it.”According to UL Hospitals 283 patients attended the Emergency Department over the last 24 hours.The Sinn Féin TD added:“Staff at the hospital continue to do an incredible job in very difficult circumstances. They are overworked. Hospital staff in Limerick have made huge sacrifices in the battle against Covid-19. Over the past year, many staff members have been forced to self-isolate due to close contact concerns. I commend all our local healthcare workers and supporting staff for the vital work that they do.However, it leaves us in the incredible situation where UL Hospitals Group are forced to urge the Limerick public to “consider all care options” before attending the Emergency Department. This must be the wakeup call that the Health minister needs to take decisive action and intervene.”Concluding his remarks, Deputy Quinlivan added:“Capacity and overcrowding remain a huge challenge at UHL. At a recent HSE briefing the proposed 96-bed modular unit was discussed. This unit when completed will be very welcome, but it will not deliver 96 new beds. Half of this unit will be to replace existing beds within UHL. At a time of such high trolley numbers it is imperative that all these beds are new beds. Efforts must be ramped up significantly by the Department of Health and the Minister to ensure this 96 bed unit is delivered quicker than previously planned.” WhatsApp RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Previous articleLimerick City and County Council to CPO a further 24 derelict propertiesNext articleLimerick teens tackling major social issues through new TY programme Sarah Carrhttp://www.limerickpost.ie Facebook Linkedin Billy Lee names strong Limerick side to take on Wicklow in crucial Division 3 clash Roisin Upton excited by “hockey talent coming through” in Limerick TAGSKeeping Limerick PostedlimerickLimerick PostMaurice Quinlivan TD
Arranmore progress and potential flagged as population grows DC & SDC trigger Integrated Emergency Preparedness Response Loganair’s new Derry – Liverpool air service takes off from CODA WhatsApp Facebook Google+ News, Sport and Obituaries on Monday May 24th Important message for people attending LUH’s INR clinic WhatsApp Nine til Noon Show – Listen back to Monday’s Programme By News Highland – October 15, 2017 Pinterest Homepage BannerNews Facebook Pinterest Following the amber weather warning issued by the MET Office earlier today relating to the anticipated storm that is projected for tomorrow, Derry City and Strabane District Council has this afternoon triggered its Integrated Emergency Preparedness Response.The Council is to take part in a multi-agency meeting later today to review the possible implications of the storm and to work proactively with the various statutory agencies to provide the necessary advice, reassurance and support to the public.Information and advice for the public on how to prepare for the strong winds that are predicted, as well as useful contact numbers in the event of a power cut and traffic and travel advice, is available on the NI Direct website at www.nidirect.gov.uk/news Previous articleArson attack in Strabane condemnedNext articleDonegal Junior League Results 15 October 2017 News Highland DL Debate – 24/05/21 Twitter Twitter RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Google+
Rex_Wholster/iStock(RIO GRANDE VALLEY, Texas) — Four bodies were found Sunday evening near the Rio Grande River, southeast of the Anzalduas Park in Las Paloma Wildlife Management Area, an area rife with human trafficking, authorities said.The deceased appeared to be two infants, a toddler and a 20-year-old woman, Hidalgo County Sheriff Eddie Guerra told ABC News Rio Grande Valley, Texas, affiliate KRGV-TV.Because the bodies were found on federal property, the FBI will handle the investigation.The four people may have died from dehydration, investigators told KRGV. Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.
iStock/MattGushBy: JON HAWORTH, ABC News (CHICAGO) — Two teenage boys were shot to death after asking the suspect how tall he was when they were buying candy from a store.The incident occurred at approximately 5 p.m. on Saturday June 20 after three teenage boys went to a store in South Chicago to buy some candy and ended up having a brief encounter with 19-year-old Laroy Battle inside the establishment.“The victims were walking into the store, they saw Battle, he was standing in line while at the store and the victims commented that Battle, he was quite tall, and they asked him how tall he was and hoped to be that tall someday,” said Deputy Chief of Detectives Brendan Deenihan “Unfortunately, we will never even see the full growth of these poor children.”The three teenage boys then left the store and proceeded to walk home together when police say that Battle approached them and began shooting.Jasean Francis, 17, was shot in the back, chest and left hand. Charles Riley, 16, was shot in the back and left leg. The third teen, who was not identified, managed to escape the gunfire. Both of the boys who were shot were taken to University of Chicago Hospital and later died from the injuries they suffered during the shooting.“The security cameras from the area were able to show the offender discarding a gun in the garbage can and then Battle was eventually found hiding out in a motel … He was arrested without incident.” Deenihan announced in the press conference.Police also said that they recovered nine shell casings from the scene of the crime.A prayer vigil to honor the two teenagers was held on Friday night near the scene of the shooting.“He was a kid,” said Jasean Francis’ aunt Latonya Pettit, according to ABC News’ Chicago station WLS. “Liked video games, snacks. That was his thing. He would walk into this hospital gift shop daily and purchase snacks.”“He was nice to seniors on the block,” said another of Francis’ aunts, Keena Hoyle. “The nurses looked forward to him coming over there daily. They brought over to the family roses. They watched him grow up as a child.”Authorities are still trying to understand the motive behind the shootings.“There was no altercation,” said Deenihan. “There was nothing that would have set off Battle to be angry at these kids. He is about 6’3”, 6’4”, and they literally just asked him how tall he was because he is extremely tall.”Battle was denied bond and has been charged with two counts of first degree murder. Police said he had a previous conviction for aggravated unlawful use of a weapon, for which he received probation.“Justice was very swift in this case because we got help from the community,” Deenihan declared during his public statement to the press. “The offender was identified quickly because the community called the detectives and they told them that was Battle in the video. That is how this case broke. The private security camera footage provided to CPD was incredibly valuable in this case. The fact that detectives can now retrieve this footage quickly and then request the help of the community to identify these [kinds of] offenders is invaluable.”“This is just one example of how Chicago can help improve the public safety by working together to remove these very dangerous offenders from the streets,” said Deenihan.Copyright © 2020, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.
We use satellite observations to show that, between 1992 and 2011, the Pine Island Glacier hinge line retreated at a rate of 0.95 ± 0.09 km yr−1 despite a progressive steepening and shoaling of the glacier surface and bedrock slopes, respectively, which ought to impede retreat. The retreat has remained constant because the glacier terminus has thinned at an accelerating rate of 0.53 ± 0.15 m yr−2, with comparable changes upstream. This acceleration is consistent with an intensification of ocean-driven melting in the cavity beneath the floating section of the glacier. The pattern of hinge-line retreat meanders and is concentrated in isolated regions until ice becomes locally buoyant. Because the glacier-ocean system does not appear to have reached a position of relative stability, the lower limit of sea level projections may be too conservative.
Hamptons International has announced that Greene & Co. will be fully immersed into the Hamptons brand with transition day set for the 18th November 2019.In 2015 Hamptons International acquired the North London agent, Greene & Co., since the acquisition of the brand, much has been going on behind the scenes to fully integrate the business into Hamptons. Now the time is right for this transition to occur.Lesley Cairns, Managing Director, Hamptons International says, “We are excited to announce that Greene & Co. will fully join the Hamptons International team. It is a recognised business in the area and has strong local connections, so we are looking forward to bringing their energy and ethos into our company, as we look to expand and diversify our offering.“Hamptons International is an established brand, and this year we celebrate our 150th year, but as we look forward to the next 150 years and what that looks like, we want to make sure our offering is consistent and that our customers have the very best exposure, network and opportunity.”Haamptons International Greene & Col Lesley Cairns November 27, 2019Jenny van BredaWhat’s your opinion? Cancel replyYou must be logged in to post a comment.Please note: This is a site for professional discussion. Comments will carry your full name and company.This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.Related articles BREAKING: Evictions paperwork must now include ‘breathing space’ scheme details30th April 2021 City dwellers most satisfied with where they live30th April 2021 Hong Kong remains most expensive city to rent with London in 4th place30th April 2021 Home » News » Agencies & People » Hamptons International absorbs Greene & Co. previous nextAgencies & PeopleHamptons International absorbs Greene & Co.The Negotiator27th November 20190168 Views
View post tag: US Navy USS Texas makes port call at Sasebo, Japan January 21, 2016 Authorities US Navy’s Virginia-class attack submarine USS Texas (SSN 773) visited Fleet Activities Sasebo, Japan as part of its Indo-Asia-Pacific deployment.The visit is aimed at strengthening the alliance between the U.S. and Japan through the crews’ interaction with the Japanese Maritime Self Defense Force.Commander Todd Nethercott, commanding officer, said: “The ship and crew have performed exceedingly well. The ship’s motto, ‘Don’t mess with Texas,’ clearly depicts the ship’s capabilities and the crew’s spirit. The crew is looking forward to experiencing Sasebo and working with our close regional allies.”Texas is the second Virginia-class attack submarine commissioned by the United States. This submarine is capable of executing a multitude of missions including anti-submarine warfare, anti-surface ship warfare, strike, surveillance and reconnaissance, irregular warfare, mine warfare, and shallow water operations.Built in Newport News, Virginia, from 2002 to 2004, Texas established its home in Groton, Connecticut, before transferring to Pearl Harbor in 2009. The boat is sponsored by former first lady Laura Bush.[mappress mapid=”17614″] Back to overview,Home naval-today USS Texas makes port call at Sasebo, Japan Share this article View post tag: USS Texas